We have a good idea on what we want to do on our wedding day, but have you planned the do nots? It’s important to have the right mindset on this special day so that you don’t miss out on the big picture: marrying your best friend! We would like to share some insight on what NOT to do on your wedding day.
1. DON’T LET ANYTHING RUIN YOUR DAY: This day is about you and your brand new husband. Please remember this. People may not show up, guests may be late, the wrong song may play, but hey, laugh it off and smile because in the end none of these little things will matter. You get to go home with a new husband and a new last name and it’s all about you two. Relax and enjoy every moment!
2. DON’T TRY TO MULTI-MANAGE: Trust us, we know that women like to be in control and want everything perfect for their big day, but doing everything yourself can become super stressful. Either hire a wedding planner who can pull all of the pieces together and handle any issues that may occur or delegate jobs to your immediate family. Even if you didn’t plan on asking them to help, you won’t regret it. They want your day to be so special for you. We know you can do it all yourself but asking for help and delegating jobs will make the whole experience a lot more enjoyable for you. It’s totally normal!
3. DON’T STARVE: Remember to eat a big breakfast and a big lunch. Don’t worry about looking your smallest, you’re beautiful! This is very important, especially if your wedding is at night. You need to make sure you have enough energy to last the entire wedding. You don’t want to end up dizzy or lightheaded, especially if you are consuming alcoholic beverages. Eat properly!
4. DON’T MAKE PAYMENTS THE DAY OF YOUR WEDDING: This can be a stressful topic for many brides and you should either handle all payments before or after your big day. You do not want to be stressing about or thinking about who still needs to be paid during your wedding. This should be a carefree day for you.
5. DON’T FORGET TO SPEND TIME WITH YOUR NEW HUSBAND: As crazy as this tip may sound, it’s true! Your wedding day can fly by so quickly and you can become consumed with everything going on around you. Make sure to set a few minutes aside to be alone with him. Talk to him, cherish him, and enjoy this moment with him! It will slow your day down.
We LOVE brides here at Ashley Grace Bridal. We want all of our brides to have the most wonderful wedding day and look and feel their best.