If you cannot imagine saying I do without your furry friend being part of your special day, this is for you! A day this glorious is meant to be shared with all of your loved ones, including the four-legged kind.
Here are 9 tips and things to remember when including your pet on your wedding day:
1. Check with the venue. This might sound silly, but you’d be surprised how many people forget about this step, but make sure it is a pet-friendly environment.
2. Dress your pup or furry friend for the part! Whether they are standing in as your ring bearer, flower girl, or just in for the pictures – a cute little tux or flower crown will make for some great pictures!
3. Check to make sure your flower arrangements are pet friendly. For instance, baby’s breath and lilies are toxic for dogs.
4. Keep your pet’s personality in mind! If your sweet pet is not good with crowds or does not listen well, maybe reconsider its role on the day of the wedding.
5. Practice, practice, practice! It really does make perfect. Make sure to run through the ceremony with your pet before the big day so that there, hopefully, aren’t too many surprises.
6. Find a pet sitter. You don’t want to be stressed the day of your wedding, so grab a pet-loving friend who isn’t in the wedding party to care for and keep an eye on your beloved pet.
7. Pack food and water. Your furry friend will likely be exhausted the day of, so make sure to come prepared the day of the wedding.
8. Bring doggie bags. Your pup might be a little more active on this day, so just be prepared!
9. Don’t forget a leash! No matter how well behaved and trained your pet is, for such a special day, you want to be sure you have an easily accessible leash. The last thing you want is for him/her to knock over your beautiful wedding decor or get into your wedding cake!
Start off Slow
Want to incorporate your pet in the wedding but aren’t sure if having him/her in the ceremony is the best way to go? Consider having a table of photos of your precious pet or even featuring them in your engagement photo session. Just get creative and have fun including your pet in your wedding day!