FINDING THE PERFECT DRESS AT ASHLEY GRACE BRIDAL.
Wedding dress shopping is one of the most exciting parts of the wedding planning process.
It can also be one of the most confusing parts.
What exactly do you do after you’ve found your dream gown?
Today we’re going to discuss 5 steps to take after you say yes to the dress.
1. Call a seamstress. Alterations take time, and seamstresses are often booked months in advance. Taking care of this step early on will be sure to relieve stress later on down the road.Although you may not have your physical dress yet, making an alterations appointment for after your dress arrives is a great first step!
2. Pick your footwear. Picking your shoes out before your alterations appointment is crucial. The seamstress will need to know the exact length you want your dress to be on the day of your wedding. Without the shoes you plan to wear on that day, it can be difficult to get a precise measurement.
3. Accessorize. Picking out your wedding day accessories is a great step to take after your dress has arrived. It may be best to do this before your dress has been taken in for alterations since it will be out of your possession for a length of time.This ensures that the accessories you choose go perfectly with the gown you have selected. At Ashley Grace, we encourage both our brides and brides who have found dresses elsewhere to come in for “finishing touches” appointments.
4. Complete your wedding party style. Now that you have your dress taken care of, it’s a great time to find bridesmaid dresses that complement the style of your own gown! This can be done through choice of long or short dresses, sleeve style, or even color. It’s far easier to choose a style for them once you have a clear picture of what your own dress looks like. You can also look into tuxedo rentals that include small accents to complement the bridesmaid’s dresses. Don’t forget about your ring bearer and flower girl, too!
5. Consult your wedding day stylists. If you’re looking for professional help with how to complete your wedding day look, talk to your hair and makeup artists for the big day. Show them your dress and accessories and see what looks they recommend to complete your entire wedding day style.
It’s easy to feel lost after picking out your wedding gown, but we hope that these 5 steps help give you a guide as to where to go afterwards. All of the details will fall into place, and your happily ever after will be here before you know it!
If you’re still looking for vendors in any of the areas we discussed, just give us a call. We would be happy to give you some of our local recommendations!